Please review the following fire safety fact sheets for information about different fire threats and safety recommendations:
More information on how to PREVENT these threats from happening, including planning your home escape route and where to place carbon monoxide and smoke alarms, visit our Fire Prevention page.
Top Five Ignition Sources for Structure Fires in Ontario:
- Cooking: 1,379 fires per year (down 7% from previous year)
- Electrical: 706 fires per year (down 14%)
- Heating: 686 fires per year (down 22%)
- Cigarettes: 539 fires per year (down 5%)
- Appliances: 346 fires per year (down 13%)