- This includes the Township of the Archipelago, Carling Township, the Municipality of McDougall, the Township of McKellar, the Town of Parry Sound, Seguin Township, and the Municipality of Whitestone.
- Statistics Canada 2011 Census The total area of the seven municipalities is 2,870.84 kilometres squared.
- In the summer months, the area population grows to approximately 60,000 with the influx of summer residents and tourists. The Parry Sound Area is truly a four seasons community with average daily temperatures that compare to other regions.
- In the Parry Sound Area, residents rely predominantly on driving vehicles, as the area is spread out, however in the area centres, many destinations are within walking distance.
- The Parry Sound Area has a highly skilled labour force. 11% of the population has completed an apprenticeship, trade certificate, or diploma, and 16% have a college or CEGEP certificate.
- The West Parry Sound Health Centre is the area’s largest employer, with over 520 full time and part time staff, which lends to the importance of the Health Care & Social Assistance Industry within the community.
- Labour cost in the Parry Sound Area are lower than the provincial average. The median earnings in the Parry Sound Area is over $7,000 dollars lower than the provincial average earnings and $6,000 lower for those who worked full time, full year. Hourly wages also reflect the lower than average labour costs.
|ISP's||Type of Service|
|Cogeco Cable Inc.||Wireline|
|K-Net (In English only||Fixed Wireless|
|Rogers Wireless||Fixed Wireless|
|Rogers Wireless||Mobile Wireless|
|Vianet Internet Solutions (In English only)||Fixed Wireless|
|Xplornet Communications Inc.||Direct-to-Home Satellite|