Receiving your Tax Bill:
Property owners will receive a tax bill by postal mail twice a year. The first bill or "Interim Tax Bill" is issued in February and is based on 50% of the previous year's taxes. The second bill, the "Final Tax Bill" is issued in July. These tax bills will be sent, at minimum, 21 days prior to the due date. It is important to make sure that we always have your current mailing address on record so that you receive your tax bills and do not incur penalties for late payments. If you do not receive your tax bill please let us know.
If you are on a pre-authorized payment plan, or a mortgage plan, you will still receive a tax bill in the mail and this method of payment will be noted on the tax bill.
Account Balance, Transactions and Copy of Tax Bill
Your original tax bill that we mail out is your official income tax receipt. Balance summaries and/or transaction details can be provided to owners noted on title, however fees may apply. Duplicate copies of tax bills can also be provided for owners noted on title.
If you have any questions about how your property has been assessed, please follow this link to MPAC's website page regarding Residential Property Assessment. Or you can visit About My Property where you can register for an account to learn more about how your property was assessed, view the information that MPAC has on file and compare your property to others in your neighbourhood.
How to Pay Your Tax Bills & Utility Bills
Credit Card, PayPal or Interac eTransfer: We do not accept credit card payments in the office or over the phone. If you would like to pay by credit card you can visit PaySimply, a secure third party payment provider to pay online with any major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex), PayPal or Interac eTransfer. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing. Please be aware PaySimply will apply a convenience fee to to cover their payment handling and processing charges. If you wish to use this service, please follow this link to pay your Property Taxes paysrc.ca/mcdougalltaxes or follow this link to pay your Utilities Account paysrc.ca/mcdougallutilities.
- Interim property tax bills are sent out mid-February and are due in two installments, March 17, 2023 and May 12, 2023.
- Final property tax bills are sent out mid-July and are due in two installments, September 8, 2023 and October 20, 2023.
- Arrears notices, are due as noted on the notice
- Supplementary tax bill are due on the date noted on the bill
- Installment plans - the withdrawal date will be the installment due dates in March, May, September and October each year
- Monthly plans - withdrawal dates will be the first day of each month from January to November. There is no withdrawal in December
- Mortgage plans - your mortgage company is expected to pay taxes on your behalf by the bill due dates
Penalty and Interest
- Not missing a due date
- Ensuring we have your most recent mailing address
- Contacting our office if you do not receive a tax bill
- Set up a payment plan monthly or by installment
- Contact your mortgage company to see about having them pay your property taxes on your behalf through your mortgage
Supplemental Tax Bills
- Land value is omitted from the assessment roll;
- Use of the property changes;
- Property is improved due to construction, an addition or renovation.
- Mail to Municipality of McDougall, 5 Barager Blvd., McDougall, ON, P2A 2W9
- Fax to 705-342-5573 (include copy of payment)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Property Owners
- We require you or your lawyer to provide us with a copy of your registered deed to update our records with your information
- The property tax department will send the next tax bill to the new owner. If you have questions, please contact our office
- The owner is responsible for paying property taxes by the due dates
- The owner is responsible to ensure that they provide current mailing address information